BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Back to School.


First week of the second semester went so well. Officially, I can say that I have the best professors compared to last semester. This semester's new set of profs were a lot better than last semester I should say that. The only thing that I have to point out is well, let's face the reality. Let's be honest. The expenses. I understand that I'm studying on a tertiary level and I should be expecting lots of added expenses from different subjects aside from the said tuition fee.

Swimming class. This semester, I'll be having swimming as my PHED subject and of course, I'm expecting that there are lots of requirements or things that we have to buy. And I'm right! Swimsuit, googles, swimming cap and other basic necessities like towels, bathrobe, shampoo, conditioner, soap, sunblock and etc. Every thursday, this is the setting and right now I'm starting to be hassled. This is our first class and after that we still have to go to 2 classes. One minor and one major related to our course. But I'm just thanking God for giving me the sked of 7-9am swimming class. At least, the sunlight is not too hot and it's still healthy for my skin.

Four books. This semester, 4 subjects are requiring us to buy books, well not really requiring that much but in my case, since I'm the first one to go to college I have no books of this kind whom I can borrow with. So the solution is, I'll buy a book. They said that there's no need for us to buy a book but we should have a copy of it in class. It's either you have to photocopy the whole book at the library or you borrow a book. But come to think of it, if you'll photocopy the whole book, it will be so hassle for you. You will still have to bind it for security. Sum up all the expenses, it will be practical if you'll just buy that book. At least, you have one of the original copies of the book and it will be beneficial if ever someone needs it. Right? Compared last semester, I only have two books! Some subjects then were only giving handouts as a learning tool and this is another way to be practical. Come on!!! We're on the 21st century and it's better to be practical to be able to survive :) I already bought the book for Biology and I still have 3 books to buy. An example of that is the book for College Algebra and guess how much it costs? It is ranging from ... P600-650 pesos!!! OMG. 

The bottom line. This semester, I promise to do my best all the time. I will try to be competitive as I can to my classmates, to be able to blossom and open up myself and to be not intimidated with my professors. I will not let my fears to be the hindrance of mine in learning. I'm aiming for the best although I'm not expecting a lot because if I expected that much and I didn't achieve it then it would hurt me so much. I want to come out the best in me. That's why I'm here in school, to learn! 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOMAYGUDNIS! 4 books, then one book costs 500-600 Pesos? :O I don't think hindi naman kailangan from cover-to-cover ang syllabus ninyo no? =)))
-PV